Who is Eligible to Become a Member?
ASISTA Members members are individuals, organizations, agencies, and firms that serve immigrant survivors of violence in a professional capacity and in a manner that is consistent with ASISTA’s mission. Applicants for a non-profit organizational membership must have 501(c)(3) IRS tax designation. Employees of the federal government and individuals who engage in the unauthorized practice of law are not eligible for membership. ASISTA retains the right to cancel a membership in its sole discretion at any time.
If you are a survivor or victim of crime, please consult the National Immigration Service Directory for a legal services provider near you.
ASISTA's Member Benefits Include:
- Individual case questions, known as Technical Assistance (TA), on immigration benefits for survivors. From the basic to the complex, we can help with any VAWA, U or T visas question that comes up in the course of your work.
- Individual case intervention (TA) with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and related agencies.
- Free access to ASISTA live webinars and access to our prerecorded webinars and resources. Visit ASISTA webinar section to register for upcoming member webinars.
- Discounted rates on ASISTA virtual/in-person beginners to advanced trainings. Visit ASISTA training section to register for virtual/in-person upcoming events.
- Access to ASISTA practice advisories.
- Access to our interactive ASISTA Experts list serve with practitioners nationwide who are working on VAWA, U and T visa cases.
- Supporting ASISTA's work advancing protections and rights of immigrant survivors of crime.
- 3L Law Students: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solo Practitioners: $300/yr
- Non-profit with 0-3 attorneys: $250/yr
- Non-profit with 4-10 attorneys: $375/yr
- Non-profit with 11-20 attorneys: $500/yr
- Non-profit with 21-35 attorneys: $750yr
- Non-profit with 36+ attorneys: $1,000/yr
- *May also include DOJ accredited representatives
Law Firm Membership
- Firm with 2-5 attorneys: $550
- Firm with 6-10 attorneys: $750
- Firm with 11-15 attorneys: $1,250
- Firm with 16-20 attorneys: $1,500
- Firm with 21-35 attorneys: $2,500
- Firm with 36+ attorneys: $5,000