ASISTA's Vision, Mission & Core Values
Our Vision: Immigrants live in a just world free from violence.
Our Mission: Advance the dignity, rights, and liberty of immigrant survivors of violence.
To do this we:
- Provide individualized case consultation (aka “technical assistance) as well as ongoing expert training and resources to attorneys and advocates on the ground, to help their survivor clients’ cases succeed in court,
- Serve as a liaison with DHS, USCIS, ICE and others, and intervene with our government contacts as needed to stop survivors from being unfairly deported,
- Mobilize against the harmful policies that endanger immigrant victims, advising advocates and attorneys on how to mitigate the harm done, and advance policies instead that promote safety and justice,
- Equip attorneys and advocates with the most current best practices and strategies to address the latest developments affecting immigrant survivors, and
- Develop and support litigation efforts to thwart government practices that unjustly deport victims.