CLE One Day Skills Seminar on
Preventing Removals of Survivors
Co sponsored by: Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law and Florida Legal Services
When: Wed, June 19, 2019 ~ 9:00am – 5:00pm
(before the AILA immigration Conference)
Where: Barry University, Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, 6441 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL, 32807
- What is your plan for responding to NTAs issued by VSC against your VAWA, U, and T clients?
- Have you prepared survivor-based arguments for challenging removability, requesting continuances or seeking status for survivors in immigration proceedings?
- Are you ready to take improperly denied cases to the AAO, the BIA and federal court?
In addition, we will hold an optional Impact Litigation Meeting after the training:
Impact Litigation Campaign Meeting (for attendees and ASISTA members only) 5:00 – 6:00 pm Join Sejal Zota, ASISTA’s new Impact Litigation Campaign consultant, and ED Gail Pendleton to discuss ongoing and planned impact litigation strategies on VAWAs, Us and Ts
Prices and Registration
● $250 Legal Worker/Non Profit (includes ASISTA members who are non profits)
● $350 ASISTA or NIPNLG Member
● $500 Private Attorney
Keep your eye out for speaker and further agenda details. 6 hrs of FL credit will be applied for separately.
Questions: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ASISTA will be at the AILA Conference in Orlando too!
ASISTA at AILA: Exhibit table and Saturday panels — ASISTA ED Pendleton and Senior Legal Counsel Laura Flores Bachman are participating in two panels on Saturday, June 22, at the AILA conference in Orlando:
- Forcing U Visa Adjudications in Federal Court
- VAWA/U Visa Mini-Track: Part II—Updates from VSC and the Field
For more details on the AILA conference, click here.