Preventing Removals of Survivors – Orlando, FL
Jun 19, 2019 ALL DAY
Barry University, Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, 6441 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL, 32807
Event Contact Ahlam Moussa | Email
Categories In Person & Virtual Trainings
CLE Approved One Day Skills Seminar on
Preventing Removals of Survivors
Co sponsored by: Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, Florida Legal Services, and Southern Poverty Law Center
When: Wed, June 19, 2019 ~ 9:00am – 5:00pm
(before the AILA immigration Conference)
Where: Barry University, Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, 6441 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL, 32807
- Come ready to learn more about: Avoiding Discretionary Denials, Hot Topics in VAWA & U Visas, Representing Survivors in Removal including Procedural Challenges and Opportunities, Outside the Box Lawyering for Trafficking Survivors, and Using Litigation to Challenge Harmful Policies.
- Panelists will include national experts ready to take your questions and support you with your cases.
APPROVED for FL Bar CLE credit for General and Immigration and Nationality Law
- Since our training is on Juneteenth (June 19th) we also plan to highlight and celebrate the history of challenging slavery in this country, including current efforts on human trafficking.
Learn more about Juneteenth.
BONUS Session! ASISTA will host an optional Survivor Impact Litigation Meeting after the training from 5:00–6:00 pm. Join Sejal Zota and Gail Pendleton to discuss impact litigation strategies on VAWAs, Us and Ts. Free, please RSVP.
*not for CLE credit
Prices and Registration
● $250 Legal Worker/Non Profit (includes ASISTA members who are non profits)
● $350 ASISTA or NIPNLG Member
● $500 Private Attorney
Keep your eye out for speaker and further agenda details. 6 hrs of FL credit will be applied for separately.
Not an ASISTA member, JOIN NOW
Questions: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ASISTA will be at the AILA Conference in Orlando too!
ASISTA at AILA: Exhibit table and Saturday panels — ASISTA ED Pendleton and Senior Legal Counsel Laura Flores Bachman are participating in two panels on Saturday, June 22, at the AILA conference in Orlando:
- Forcing U Visa Adjudications in Federal Court
- VAWA/U Visa Mini-Track: Part II—Updates from VSC and the Field
For more details on the AILA conference, click here.