As many of you know, it appears that ICE will be significantly amending its practice on stays for U applicants, and we believe they plan to completely eliminate the prima facie (PF) system for Us, including those in detention and removal.
Join us for a webinar on emerging strategies for stopping survivor removals in light of these developments. We will discuss strategies for both individual cases and litigation attacking elimination of the PF system:
- What strategies are still available pre-actual-memo-issuance?
- What is the best strategy for ensuring your survivor clients are not deported if/when ICE formally implements evisceration of the PF system?
- How can we, as a field, challenge this most recent attempt to swiftly remove survivors languishing due to CIS failure to timely place them on the waitlist?
- Brad Banias, Barnwell Whaley, Patterson & Helms LLC, Charleston, SC
- Kate Melloy Geottel, National Immigrant Justice Center
- Paul Grotas, Esq, NY, NY
- Gail Pendleton, ASISTA Executive Director
- (m) Sejal Zota, ASISTA Survivor Litigation Campaign Coordinator
Note: An application for TX CLE credit (2 hrs) is pending.
Who can participate in this webinar?
ASISTA is offering this webinar FREE for members of ASISTA or the National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild (NIPNLG). All others may join ASISTA or pay for the webinar individually (see below for payment information).
Not a member?
ASISTA membership includes a year’s worth of free technical assistance, individual case interventions with CIS and other DHS agencies, and access to ASISTA webinars!
Per-Webinar Cost for non-ASISTA/NIPNLG members:
Individual $100.00 Agency $150.00 (more than one participant)
After you register for the webinar, you will be given payment instructions. Please make sure you complete this step to secure your registration. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.