Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 3:00 – 5:00 PM est
(2-4pm cst/12-2pm pst)
In this webinar ASISTA Executive Director Gail Pendleton and ASISTA Impact Litigation Consultant Sejal Zota will discuss skills and strategies for deterring and stopping survivor removals, including:
- Latest administrative stay strategies
- Challenges and defenses to NTAs against VAWA, Us and Ts
- Continuances and other strategies for survivor cases at EOIR and BIA
- Asking the federal courts to ensure your survivors are not removed while awaiting a USCIS decision on their cases, including mandamus, APA and habeas
- Overview of other FOIA and litigation efforts ASISTA is helping to coordinate, lead and/or develop
Note: An application for TX CLE credit (2 hrs) is pending.
Who can participate in this webinar?
ASISTA is offering this webinar FREE for members of ASISTA or the National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild (NIPNLG). All others may join ASISTA or pay for the webinar individually (see below for payment information).
Not a member? ASISTA membership includes a year’s worth of free technical assistance, individual case interventions with CIS and other DHS agencies, and access to ASISTA webinars!
Per-Webinar Cost for non-ASISTA/NIPNLG members:
Individual $100.00 Agency $150.00 (more than one participant)
After you register for the webinar, you will be given payment instructions. Please make sure you complete this step to secure your registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Help us fuel our work for immigrant survivors of violence by supporting the ASISTA VAWA25 Campaign!