Join us for a CLE Webinar
Hot Topics in U and VAWA Cases
Monday, February 28, 2022 from 2-4pm EST
(9-11am HST/11am-1pm PST/12-2pm MST/1-3pm CST)
Join ASISTA for an interactive webinar appropriate for all levels. ASISTA attorneys will demystify the most current trends in U visas and VAWA cases. Specific topics will include:
- DHS enforcement priorities, ICE’s victim-centered directive, and their impact on immigrant survivors
- Removal proceedings for U visa and VAWA clients
- Vangala “blank spaces” settlement and its impact on U-visa petitioners
- USCIS’s implementation of the Medina Tovar court decision in U-visa cases
- U-visa bona fide determination process
- COVID-19 considerations in representing survivors in U visa and VAWA cases
- Amy Cheung, Senior Legal Counsel, ASISTA
- Kelly Head, Staff Attorney, ASISTA
- Lia Ocasio, Staff Attorney, ASISTA
Note: Approved for 2 hrs. TX CLE credits.
Who can participate in this webinar? ASISTA is offering this webinar to OVW LAV grantees/sub-grantees and STOP sub-grantees.
Please contact Maria Lazzarino at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This project was supported by Grant No. 15JOVW-21-GK-02240-MUMU awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice.